Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why Did I Get Married Too? Movie Review

I had a great Easter service at church and then because my mother had my children all day we (the hubby and I) along with some friends went to see WDIGMT. I can say I did like it. Before I went to see the movie, I saw a lot of statuses and people discussing it on facebook? Some good comments and bad. And now that I have seen the movie, I can say I agree with all the comments.

The movie overall was very good. It surely was entertaining and if you enjoyed the first one, you will enjoy the second one. I like the fact that the entire movie wasn't on the island getaway (which my husband thought it was going to be! lol) and that they dug a little deeper into each relationship. BUT they didn't dig deep enough. As soon as it started getting deep, the movie was about over and you were left to assume your own ending for each couple. Friends on facebook are wondering did Tyler Perry do this on purpose because he is thinking about a third installment. Not sure if he should do this or not. I would love to see a third installment because of Janet Jacksons character and the Rock (what a surprise!) but even though Tasha (the loud one) was entertaining - I am not sure if I can watch another movie with her acting like that. If he does make a third one, I hope that she is the one giving advice b/c their marriage and her attitude will have done a complete 180.

The previews stated that one couple wouldn't make it. And I always wondered who it will be when watching the previews. Thinking it would be Tasha and Mike or even Tyler's character BUT BUT BUT it was Janet and Gavin! It was just so sad how they didn't make it. It made me think about my actions in my own marriage and how holding things in to long can be so damaging. Damaging to the fact that when you let it out sometimes, you can damage yourself and people around you. And like in the movie, when you do things out of anger you can't always take things back! I think she shut down after the baby passed and was never able to release true feelings. BUT BUT BUT... do you think she should have gave him half her money though? At first, I was like that is her money boo! But when he started breaking it down - what he did, it made sense. He deserved it. He was wrong for burning those baby pictures though!

Jill Scott's story line...whewwwww child. She got herself in some mess! I know she loved her new hubby but she should have never made going to the old hubby for help an option. During the movie, when the ex hubby came back I was thinking that he did miss her and understands he messed up. NO I didn't think he deserved a second chance, but I did think he really missed her. But after I left the theatre and start really thinking about the movie - he went back b/c he was dying and knew she was a good woman after all and she could take care of him. The young thang probably didn't even stand by his side. But I like her and Troy together. Another thing that was funny to me was that, he (Troy) didn't like the fact she went to the ex to help him get a job but did you all notice HE DIDN'T QUIT EITHER! LOL... He needed that money!

Tyler and his wife in the movie!!! When she called him PHIL (another man's name!) My mouth dropped. But she played it off good though. But not good enough because he knew that if she wasn't cheating on him, she was on her way. He said her smell changed, her attitude, how long it took to put on make up, even her panties changed! He said, you came home and I smelled him on you. Man Man Man. She said she didn't cheat but based on her actions she was really feeling him. And they didn't dig deep on this. I want to know why she was feeling him, what did they do since they didn't have sex! She only said he made her laugh and on to the next scene. Again, if he didn't say anything when he did, she would have been having a sexual affair versus the emotional one she was obviously having. Also, she was a bold one for bringing those flowers home! (Even though she tookt he card out!)LOL

Overall good good movie. Would watch a third installment BUT I want more depth and more ROCK! LOL
Chime in Ladies

4 comments:

SHOW76 said...

THATS FUNNY CAUSE I JUST READ UR BLOG AND I FELT IT WAS RIGHT ON THE HEAD...I HAVE TO GIVE JANET THE BEST OVERALL PERFORMANCE AWARD THAN JILL THAN ANGIE THAN TYLERS WIFE..DON'T THINK I CAN WATCH ANGIE IN A THIRD MOVIE..OVERALL GOOD GOOD MOVIE LIKE U STATED! I DON'T THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE TO GIVE HIM HALF HER MONEY BUT LIKE IN MANY DIVORCES THATS WHAT HAPPENS..JILL HAD ALOT GOING ON BUT SHE WAS STRONGER IN THIS MOVIE. TYLERS WIFE WAS JUST THE SAME AS THE FIRST..NOTHING SHOCKING AND ANGIE WAS JUST LOUDER..LOL

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the movie. I thought that overall many important stories/ topics were covered. Ranging from rebuilding trust, cheating, conforting the past, and even our most important topic ~ being "bottled up". This Wife blog was created to be an outlet for those wives who don't feel they can realy "let down their hair" and open up to their emotions. I liked that even though the topics were typical they had a different slant to them. Not the cheating hubby but the cheating wife. Or not just getting trust but rebuilding it after you have been cheated on. Many "homegirls" will say you deserve more and that you should leave your man as soon as he cheats, but that may not be whats right for you. He is your soulmate and everyone falls short of perfection. (Our bible tells us that.) So maybe you were the one who decided to stay with that cheating man and now you find ourself having a hard time trusting. You can't turn to your friends cause all you get is that "I told you so..." For these reasons I really liked the movie, of course the cast really brought the characters to life so the acting is never an issue. However, I do agree that the issues did not get addressed as thoroughly as they could have been. So there was much left up to question, you kinda felt like you got left out of all the "gossip" lol.

Overall I enjoyed the movie and as a wife you can watch it and take a minute and honestly ask yourself which catergory do I closely relate to? How can I improve my marriage now that I have seen myself on the big screen? What can I do differently? Cause remember improving a marriage is not always about what the mate is doing wrong but about what I can do better.

Love Ya.
Ariana

Anonymous said...

I think the movie was very good and well wrote. At first I thought it should have gone into more details. Maybe we should have got to see deeper into the relationships. But then I thought about it. First it was no way to give that much information in a few hours. And second it made you think. Because as good as Tyler is he can’t say how each of these situations would work out it’s up to the individuals involved, the history of a relationship determines the way someone deals with adversity. I think we all see things differently because our opinion is based on our life experiences. And Janet and the Rock, well that was just stupid. (That’s my opinion,) And Tasha was just being herself. I don’t think all women are like that but a lot of them are, and with good reason. I think we all sometimes give people what we want them to see. We never want to show that we have problems. Which is really sad because we all do. No relationship is perfect but like Troy said we all have disagreements but that doesn’t mean we want to throw in the towel. And there is no reason to ever go to the ex for help. Now to stay after that, well let’s just say God has to be in it. I think the men all played a part in the problems by overlooking things until it’s too late. Relationships are like roller coasters that we design ourselves by our actions or lack of. We decide on how high the highs are going to be as well as the lows. The quick turns from mad to happy. Or the sudden reverse from a night of bliss to a day of gloom. Oh and the burning of the pics were a bad decision that was made in anger. That is why you should think than react. Once some things are said or done nothing can take it back. And as we seen in Gavin’s case an unresolved problem is a time bomb waiting to explode. Mr. Man

April Moncrief said...

I actually loved this movie, ok, the ending could have been a bit more, you know but above all, GREAT MOVIE! Out of all the wives (couples) in the movie I can most relate to Tyler Perry and his wife, not so much the cheating but the fact that they "seemed" like they had it all together (like most of us do) and they "DIDN'T"! I think this movie shows the vulnerabilites well as the strengthh of black women (or let's just be clear, WOMEN in general). We have issues, yes we do but so do our HUSBANDS! Were all innately wired wrong for some reason or another. It could be from a disfunctional family life, for example; watching our parents fight all the time, experiencing abuse, feeling or being told were nothing, yada, yada, yada, we all are wired in some crazy way that eventually affects those we end up in relationship with! So all in all, my comment about this movie is that it made me look at my marriage from the perspective that I need to do whatever I know to do to make it a better marriage!