Sunday, June 20, 2010

If I could change one thing about my spouse - just one thing.

I know what the title says, "If I could change one thing about my spouse." Now I am not saying it's only one thing to change, there's a few. *SN - He had a good father's day today too. From beginning to end, I think he would say, we (the kids and I) made him smile.* Now, back to the topic. Because I said if I could change ONE thing, I am just going to talk about one thing today. And that is "GETS ME." If I could change one thing, it would be that he just gets me. My husband knows me, loves me, he's in love me, I make him laugh daily, we have great common goals, but I wish he really GOT ME. I wish he would finish my sentences, and know what I am thinking so he doesn't always have to ask, "What are you thinking about?" When he asks me, "What's wrong?" I want him to already know so he doesn't even have to ask, because he GETS ME.

Please don't get the impression that my husband doesn't know me. He does. He knows when I am excited, sad, irritated, mad, have an attitude, being sneaky, quite for a reason and pissed off with him! But it's that extra UMPH- that if he knew that extra UMPH, in my mind it would all be perfect....And maybe I am not explaining it correctly. Or maybe the married ladies reading this already know what I am talking about and understand completely. Maybe that UMPH will come with time. Maybe. I will just leave it at that.

Feel free to write about your one thing. **Also, the blog was designed for comments. I enjoy the emails and the calls about how much you enjoy the blog, BUT other women need to hear what you have to say. It was created for MARRIED WOMEN ... not created for you to just FOLLOW ME!** I do thank you for your support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could change ONE thing about my spouse, uuuuuhhhmmm... I'd have to say the way he shuts down when he's upset. Just speak your mind and clear the air!

Gladys said...

Frankly, men shut down when they're upset. Actually, they go into their caves. It's their time to be left alone while they try and resolve their own conflicts. If you have time to read "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus" gives you a better aspect of what men/women are going through based on how their thinking.......