Monday, February 28, 2011

Whew! What a weekend.

I had a very long week (last week) & weekend. My children were out of school last week because of Winter Break, in which I totally don't agree with by the way. We took our children to Tennessee to spend time with my grandmother for the week. She wanted to see them. So all week, the hubby and I were alone. I did get some good sleep and was able to get some things done around the house. Well last week, I got a new job! I have been hired as a designer for an Atlanta based magazine that focuses on Businesses, Fashion, Travel, and Restaurants. I met with the creator of the magazine last Tuesday and was hired after the interview! This must be the week of first because I have a few other friends starting new jobs or new things. I actually start tomorrow. The cool part about the job is that I will be able to design from home and go in the office when I need to. I will be able to be apart of the entire production of the magazine and not just the graphic design aspect. The magazine is multicultural and I look forward to all the great things that could come from this experience!

OK! Back to my weekend. Thursday night, my husband and I had a business meeting and didn't get home until around 11pm. We got up and I took him to work (he left his car at work the night before) and I went to my first interview/photo shoot with the magazine I now work with. After that, I drove to Tennessee with my mother to pick up my babies! They were so happy to see me! I jumped high and so did they! We ended up spending the night because my granny wanted me to take her around shopping and spend the night. So Saturday morning, we went out to breakfast and back to Georgia. My children had a birthday party to attend at 2pm and then family movie night at my church at 5pm. We watched The Ruby Bridges Story, which was a good discussion movie. My children's Godparents watched them as we went to a surprise party for a client of my husband around 8pm. That was actually fun too because my husband doesn't dance and I will get on the floor in a quick minute. He saw that I really wanted to dance and everyone was coupled up, so he grabbed me and gave me 3 songs. That was so sweet of him.  After we picked up our children and made it home for bath and bed it was after midnight!

Sunday, after church we went to grab a bite and I was off to my Mocha Mom general business meeting. I took my daughter with me so my husband and son could do some yard work. After the meeting, we went to the grocery store and my daughter couldn't make it to the bathroom in time and ended up using the bathroom on herself right in front of the toilet. We both were standing there looking at each other. I was able to get her home and cleaned up, and proceeded to braid her hair for the week. I cooked shrimp & scallop pasta with sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes in a cheese Alfredo sauce. It was GOOOOD! Then I unpacked all our bags, put up the clean clothes and ......................... that's enough. I am tired just writing this. My husband was doing whatever it was he was doing. I was just focused on my household goals because I knew this week is going to be an adjustment for me.

Have a great week.

No comments: