Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where would you be TODAY if you didn't have children?

What if you didn't have children and it's still February 24, 2011, where would you be today? Would you still be married to your husband? Would you still be living where you are living, working where you are working? Would you have a different passion or dream? Or would your life be exactly the same? This post is not to say you regret having children. I am sure we all LOVE our children and feel blessed that we are mothers, but I am asking a "What If ?" question. What if you didn't have the little bundles of joy, would your life be that different?

I know my life would be different. I had a cross road in my college life where I changed my major my sophomore year. I was originally a Communications major because I wanted to be on TV. I wanted to be in broadcasting. And honestly, I still do. I did some bad research on pay and thought they don't get paid diddly squat and changed my major to Marketing. I wanted to change it to Advertising but my college, Alabama State University, didn't have Advertising. I regret changing my major, because I know better now and believe my life would have been completely different career wise. Don't get me wrong, I love marketing too. I am actually good at it. I even went beyond college and was educated in design and I am a certified Art Director. But in my heart, I still have a passion for the camera. And if I didn't have children, I would have followed that dream more. The good thing about life is that you can still follow your dreams, children or not, BUT being a good wife and good parent comes with sacrifices you don't think about before they come into the picture. Sometimes our dreams are delayed years, but if you have a supportive husband and strong desire to make them a reality - you can still definitely do what you so desire.

Where would you be TODAY if you didn't have children? I guess, I would be working for a TV network and  I would have traveled the world more.

No comments: