Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

OMG! Did you see this movie? I was fortunate enough to see a pre-screening (which was probably the only way I would have seen it) and really enjoyed it. I have never watched any of the other Planet of the Apes and really had no desire too. What peaked my interest was Whoopi and Sherri on The View. They spoke so highly of it that I sought out free tickets and got them!

Now, I haven't seen any of the other movies but watching this movie didn't make it seemed like I needed to. I was happy about that. This movie kept my eyes glued to the screen the entire time. The monkey was so real. His actions, his gestures and most of all his personality. He scared me at times but at the same time, I felt sorry for him. And if you saw the movie, the last three words that were spoken at the end of the movie made all of us gasp! I don't want to give too much away so I will stop while I am ahead, but I say it's a must see.

No comments: