Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"I bring home more money! So I am the BOSS!"

**Real quick, thank you to all the people that voted and are continuing to vote for me on the Oprah OWN TV Show Audition! You can vote as much as you want! So come on WIFES, blow it up!
Click here WIFE'S AUDITION to see the audition and VOTE!  It's funny because Monday, everyone voted and no one visited the blog! That's fine because I had over 1100 on day 1! Thanks everyone for all the words of encouragement too*** Luv you wives!*** VOTE***VOTE***VOTE***

This post topic was given to me by a friend of the WIFE BLOG.  Here's the exact question: How many wives bring home more bacon than the husband? Do you bring up the fact that you are the bread winner in the home? Do you know if you husband feels less of a man because you carry majority of the financial load?

I liked this topic because many women deal with this as well. As for me, throughout our marriage, it has been times he has made more and then times I was bringing home the bacon! My husband actually pays the bills. I started out doing them when I got married and when I got pregnant he said he wanted to relieve me of stress and he started doing them and I haven't went back. He does a great job and paying things on time and managing the household finances.  NOW, when I was making more money than him, he still paid the bills! I didn't throw it in his face or keep reminding him when he got in arguements about what I bring in! He already knew! Shoot he paid the bills! In fact he was more critical of my paycheck, asking me about my hours and my tax deductions! I was like, are you pimping me!? LMBO!

In my household, I respect my husbands title and he is the head. I have no problem with that. So, with that being said - when I brought home more, I never thought I could now take over running the finances because it's my check paying the bills. Don't get me wrong, at times I resented him or got mad on the inside when HIS money wasn't coming in fast enough or at all. But again, he knew what we had in the bank so it wasn't a real need to hurt his feelings. Now, did my husband feel less of a man because of it....honestly I am not sure, he didn't discuss those feelings with me. I am sure he did though. My husband is a provider. That's just how he thinks, he wants to take care of us. He doesn't mind me making more, but that is not his desire. He desire is that I say home, take care of the kids, the house and do what I want to do. And if I want to have a side business fine, but he doesn't want to depend on my business. I love him for that. BUT right now..... I work! LOL

2 comments:

Mr. Man said...

The bible clearly says the man is the head of the house, not the one who brings in the most money. By the same token, that man has to be following God if he want /expect his wife to abide by Godly principles. If you really look at it from that perspective the two of you are to become one and that will keep a lot of money problems from coming up. It’s easy for the emery to use finances as a tool to divide a marriage. We now live in a time when it’s easy for the income level to change suddenly. People are constantly being laid off, business closing unexpectedly, hours cut and the list goes on. A marriage is a covenant between a husband, wife & God. But if there is an unbeliever involved then that is a whole different situation all together. If God is not the nuclease of the marriage, it will be easy for any one to get boastful because they are making more money than their spouse. And the world has a way of making it seems like whoever makes the most money is the one who call the shots. But God’s word say in . Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 26 that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless
Mr. Man

Southern Wifey said...

I knew before I married my husband that I made majority the bacon. I also know that God put us together and who made/makes more was not in the equation. I also know that it has been tough financially for us for the past 3 years. I am a firm believer that this to shall pass. My challenge is having family and friends look at say he married you because of your $$$$. When I look through my natural eyes I can feel that same way. But my $$ can be gone tomorrow and I will still have a loving and caring husband and family. So yes, I make more and I a glad God has given me good health and right mind to do so. I do not rub it in that I make more... I know he feels inadequate at times because he mentions it. Only thing I want is a little more appreciation for doing what I do. I do not believe God intended for the wife/mother to have to commit so much time away from family for a job.... but these are the times we live in. BALANCE is needed and sometimes so very hard to gain.