Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year! What's New for you?

Happy New year everyone. 2010 is out and 2011 is in. I hope your holiday season was rewarding and relaxing. It always amazes me how fast time goes by and that's why it's important to make the best of every moment. For new years eve, we took our latest family portrait then I spent with the evening with my family at church (as we always do) bringing in the new year giving our God glory. Thanking God for allowing us to see another year. I also celebrate a birthday when the new year rings in, so I also celebrated Saturday evening with my husband and friends. It was just an all around good weekend.

I said a few years ago that I won't make resolutions but goals or life changes (I know, life changes sound like resolutions). This year my life change is to "Be Better!" And that is in every aspect of my life. I can be better and I need to be better. I want to be a better WIFE, mother, friend, business owner, employee, decision maker, house cleaner, cooker (yep!), listener, follower, leader, prayer, faith believer, and I could go on and on. I just want to do everything I do this year BETTER. I want to be a better me. For me it starts with my attitude. So I now start my journey and look forward to 12/31/2011 and seeing the results of this life change.

As far as WIFE is concerned, I have many goals for this organization and things I want to do. It's funny that a blog was never really the original idea. It was intended for it to be a support group for married women to meet, share and support. But life got in the way and blogging entered into my mind. This is a great outlet for us BUT for 2011, I plan to have that first social meeting.

I will say that if you have a goal, you need to work towards it everyday this year. Spend time everyday on your goal. Don't delay the outcome with procrastination. If you would like to share your resolution, goal, life change feel free! Happy New Year to all and thanks for supporting WIFE.

*I invited you to subscribe to WIFE comments and post so you can see when a new post is posted and when people comment on a topic you commented on, you will get an email with their thoughts! (similar to facebook.com)

2 comments:

Gladys said...

Experience life lessons alone, going back to school and it's turning out to be an extraordinary journey and I have this wonderful opportunity to shine and strive for greatness. I would like to take this opportunity to thank God for all the trials and tribulations that I had to go through to get to this point in my life to grasp those experiences into further challenges along this journey of mine. May Jesus continue to bless me and keep me safe in His loving arms.

The Wife said...

I pray he does Gladys! Thanks for reading the blog!