Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Review

Last night my husband and I were given a chance to see an advanced screening of The Adjustment Bureau. It's the new movie starring Matt Damon, Emily Blunt and Anthony Mackie. The movie is being promoted by Liquid Soul Media. I had no idea what this movie was about but really just hoped it was going to be good.

I am very glad we went because my husband and I both enjoyed the movie. From the consensus of the theater, so did everyone else. After the movie Anthony Mackie answered questions for about 30 minutes about the movie and himself. The movie is about choices you make or you think you make. I really don't want to give it away but it is a cross between being spiritual and really wondering what else is out there. It also makes you think about choices you make in love and how being with a certain person can seriously make you or brake you. Is love worth it? If you knew you would be the greatest person in your area of talent but would just a neighborhood teacher of that talent if you stayed with a certain person, what would you do? Is love everything? I really enjoy movies that make you think and that is exactly what this does. The movie has a strong reference to God and Angels but they call God - The Captain. The Angels are the adjusters. The entire job is to make sure you stay on track and when you don't, that is when they step in. Whether they need to adjust your thought pattern, love or career path, they are always around. It was funny and well as heart clenching. I would see it with your love.

If you knew you would be the greatest person in your area of talent but would just a neighborhood teacher of that talent if you stayed with a certain person, what would you do?

No comments: